Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Most Unusual Day

#35
27th March

The title still considered to my same friend wrote another essay but not so long this time. "A Most Unusual Day" happened in a cold country but there's no information about the place where happened when I read the essay. But I think it is a good essay, it describe the coldness in the country and the boringness during the winter. Enjoy yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


When I woke up groggily, my whole body was freezing cold. The tips of my fingers were light heliotrope, while my fingernails were white and almost cracking. My head was a little woozy, while my legs felt like sculptures of ice. I got up, only to flinch instinctively. The marble floor was like icebergs! Bracing myself, I tiptoed to the toilet. When I glanced briefly towards the mirror, I was shocked. My eyes were red, while my nose was dark purple. I rubbed my eyes and blinked a couple of times. This was not a dream. This was real!
I staggered back into my room, dazed and disoriented. I calmed down a little and turned to check on the temperature (I had a thermometer on my bedside table). “Oh, dear!” I whispered aloud. The thermometer read 7 degrees Celsius! This was certainly an unusual temperature for the hot, balmy Malaysia. I got up straight away and all my sleepiness disappeared. I went to the dining room for my breakfast, and headed for school. My parents had already left for work an hour earlier.
When I reached school, my suspicion was confirmed. The school was terribly abnormal. Many students were wearing jackets while others huddled close together. Their teeth were chattering due to the cold. Some kind students shared their jackets by wrapping them around those who had none. It was pure lucky that I bought along a warm and cozy woolly jacket. As the school bell rang loudly, each of us trotted into the classroom. We sat together in groups. We did not seem to be in the mood to study. Many students sulked copiously while some sneezed continuously. They seemed to have caught the flu.
I stopped when I reached my seat. The metal handle of the chair was surprisingly icy. Luckily the seat was made of plastic, or else my pinkish bottom would have frozen. Throughout the whole lesson of Calculus, the whole class was unusually quiet and silent, unlike the normal pub-like situation. The teacher, Mr. Walter, sniffed contemptuously and sneezed continuously. I rolled my eyes when Mr. Walter yelled feebly, “Class dismissed!” Nobody moved a muscle. After a couple of heartbeats, then only we got up groggily, as if we had just awakened from a long, long dream.
During recess, we all huddled together around the tables. Apparently, we are in no mood to eat the tantalizing food although the aroma wafted around our nose. I bought a hot bowl of porridge – a really unusual thing for me to do and wolfed it down. Two bars of milk chocolate added to my buying list. That is because chocolate can restore the heat in my body. When the bell rang for the school dismissal, I trotted back home. The weather was still cold and freezing.
Later that day, my family and I lived in cold and agony. The fire on the stove kept stalling every time we turned it on. At least, during mid-afternoon, the weather cleared and the freezing mist that enveloped our town finally parted.
Today was really an unusual day, wasn’t it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easy to get picture, right??
I think I will find out more about like-this-kind essay and share to you all.
Bye!


1 comment:

  1. It is a very good essay.It makes us feel what is known as the unusual day in our life.I really do appreciate this wonderful essay.

    ReplyDelete