Sunday, September 10, 2017

UTM Orientation

#519
10th September


Hey guys! If you are seeing this post, then you are seeing a post that is written from Johor!
Yes, it’s September and formally I’m the undergraduate student of Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM).
Yupe, it’s been a crazy and tiring orientation week since 4th September.
Well, kind of feel like this is the time, where I have to take care of myself, taking all the responsibilities for my own self and also making decisions about my daily life.
Anyway, it’s a long talk for this whole orientation week, so I’ll just summarize all of them in point form.

- Reached Johor Bahru at 3rd September, first visit here and here goes nothing!
- Buying lots of stuffs at Aeon. Felt lucky that outside of UTM there’s a really big residential area full of shops and shopping mall.
- Take a simple walk around Taman Universiti, having meals, and rest for tomorrow.
- 4th September, the registration day and also the first day of orientation week.
- After all of the registration process, moved my things to my room, and met my roommate, JUN XIAN from Ipoh! :D
- Alright, gather at the kolej hall for more briefings and other stuffs. (Yupe, at here the hostel are all known as “kolej”)
- All meals are free and prepared, but of course, they totally CANNOT COMPETE WITH PENANG FOOD!!!!!
- Besides briefings, each kolej will have cheering section, where they will be used during main gathering at Dewan Sultan Iskandar (DSI).
- At DSI, every new undergraduate students gather here for more briefings lol. Felt really sleepy, really cannot tahan.
- Almost everyday sleep arund 1.30am due to too much briefings, and have to wake up around 5.30am gg.
- The rest of the days mostly filled by briefings where this is not really that enjoyable at all, but most of the info are useful so I listen to those I think that is important.
- The most successful part of this orientation is last day, which is the Sports Carnival and Cultural Night.h
- Yupe that’s the only day that I felt the most enjoyable.

So, currently I’m actually quite okay with the uni life, which is really free and full of activities that is open for all to take part.
Of cuz’, for the first year I’m gonna enjoy the most I can no matter what.
This is the start that requires me to go out of the corner of a big life.
Well, I’d done lots of things from the past 2 days so maybe I will update them in the next post.

Stay tune!

Update

So here are some photos with the orientation crew haha.







No comments:

Post a Comment