Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Recap Sem 1

#523
26th December

Well hello there my dearest netizens... 
Yupe apologize for the really unpredictable long halt since the end of October and yet this is the only best time I could blog though.
Oh dear, classes of Sem 1 was over and now preparing for the FINAL EXAM!!!!!
Basically, after the week of final class, there would be a week for studying, so either you want to take it just for studying or having a trip is on your own.
Lots of people went back home but necessarily for those who live far away, like me and my roommate and some other friends lol.
Thanks god I'd finally done all assignments in time and make it through all tests as satisfied as possible.
Well, basically this is a recap post for all of the events since the last mid-sem break, starting 21st October.

29/10/2017

Alrighty this is a meaningful for all of the graduates as this day is the graduation day of UTM. 
For what I know is that that whole particular week is a graduation week, because we can't fit in so many graduates in the hall for one day so the graduation ceremony is separated according to faculties.
Like this day, it is the graduation day for all Faculty of Electrical Engineering's graduates.
Remember that I mentioned about that direct line? Yupe, our current 老大 is Bryan, who is studying PhD now, graduated from Degree!
So all juniors in the direct line decided to share and buy a gift for him, as well as congratulations to him ^_^
Unfortunately I didn't get any pic with him but there's another group, which is CLESIC, also have another same kind of attendance where we got a banner showing congratulations to the graduates too.



Yupe that's how it looks like and for sure it will continue until me as well lol.
Of course I will attend the ceremony continuously each year cuz' it is really meaningful right?

31/10/2017

So as you may thought that being an engineering student, study life would be boring right?
Nope, it's not actually, but I spent plenty of time enjoying and... pretty much different from what had I done during Form 6.
Like this one, it is a field trip organized by my lecturer to Imagineering Institute in Iskandar Puteri (formerly known as Nusajaya).
It is an institute, related to electric and electronic engineering, studying research on IoT and this is quite an opportunity for us to learn something new outside of campus.
Surprisingly, the invention amazed me a lot as those applications and research they are currently undergoing or already proposed to the world had came out results that are effective to solve world problems.
There are tons of demos but couldn't remember any of them now lol, but at least a group photo might good as well.


17/11/2017

I should say that this day is quite a tiring day, well becuz' of two events crashed together.
One is 工大华文班三处联谊会 and another is CLESIC Orientation Bonding Camp + AGM.
The first event was done in the morning, and continuing the second one in the afternoon until the next day.
So the first event is obviously from 华文班 and it is a sports event i.e. badminton competition.
I can play badminton but that's a long time since Form 6 lol, and now I'm much more enjoying playing rather than competition, but it is still a very fun event and let everyone relax as well.
Unfortunately I had to leave early for the next event, which is CLESIC Orientation Bondng Camp + AGM.

Okay presenting the group photo without me inside lol.

It is an annual event that let seniors and juniors gather together and know each other.
Welp of cuz' not just a simple meet and talk but there are games and steamboat dinner as well. This might be a better relaxation for me, away from those stressful assignments.
So what about the AGM? Yupe it's the passing down of position in CLESIC to first year juniors.
I dunno why I just been chosen as treasurer without any interview or what lol.
But guess I just take it for sure.






21/11/2017

Again, another event held by 工大华文班, it is known as Students' Activity 学员活动. Such event will be conducted once each semester and this event mainly purposed for the non-Chinese students to play, learn and experience Chinese cultures.
So, for this sem, it was titled "Huállywood". Sounds very familiar with "Hollywood" right? 
Now you get it, it is a one-night show for all students to shine and act a mythical Chinese story.
These stories are those you had heard before, including 年兽, 牛郎织女, 屈原, 嫦娥奔月 and 十二生肖.
I was honoured to be the MC of the night, but pretty sure wasn't doing well cuz' it is the first experience of mine to host an event.
But anyway, at least I learned quite a lot and now I'm pretty wish that I could do MC next time.
Talking about the students' acting, some of them speak Mandarin really well (of cuz' with the help of faci) and quite funny as the stories progressed.
All in all, most of them enjoyed this event and considered a success as well.


If you want to see more photos of this event, you can click here for the album on Facebook.

24/11/2017 - 25/11/2017

I should say that this week is a week of culture, as numerous events related to Chinese cultures just dropped in one by one on the list.
These two days were specially for PTUTM 工大中秋俱乐部 for the event called "《启相•熙辰》园游会". 
It is also an annual event but different theme each year, and this year is mainly about Chinese zodiacs.
As I went there with my friends, I was quite amazed again, by those decorations along the carnival. You see, there're exhibitions, games stations, stunning lanterns, drawings, sculptures, shows and concerts, and the most fascinating one is the floating lantern 水上灯笼.
Talking about food, most of them are prepared homemade by themselves, but not actually impressed me as the price is not cheap at all.
Anyway, the overall presentation of the carnival overwhelmed any flaw I saw through.







These are the photos taken by me, but not including the shows as I didn't have time to watch all of them.
Instead, you can see the photos of what performances had done by clicking here to see the full album of Facebook.

15/12/2017

Back to 工大华文班 again, it is the day of 慰劳宴, a subsidized lunch event for all of the members and AJK of UTM Mandarin Class.
Well, nothing much to say about this, besides having cheap Western lunch and game.
Of cuz' but not least, photos must be taken too!


15/12/17 - 16/12/17

It's a week before Winter Solstice and CLESIC UTM (with a new batch of committees including me), organized an event "锺灵冬至圣诞之夜".
Well, we prepared one day earlier to make 汤圆 at 15/12/17 and it is the first time ever celebrate 冬至 away from home.
So, everyone took this chance to 搓汤圆 and gather to prepare for the main event next day.



 The event took place at 柔佛锺灵校友会, and there's a buffet organized by the 会长 there, and new members like us need not to pay anything for the food!!!
Wow wow wow... It's quite a big surprise for us and we only have to pay for the items preparing for this event.
On the other hand, there is a present exchange session too since it is still an early celebration for Christmas.
I didn't took much photos so just imagine how actually warm of the feelings there with all juniors and seniors meeting each other together.

All of the important events ended right here, but recently I went for a one-day trip to Singapore with my coursemates.
However it is way too much to compact in this post, so I'm going to talk about it in the next post.

Now, lots of you maybe questioning why am I not have anything to say about my class?
The answer is not particularly clear to me as well, but let us start with assignments groups.

This is my assignment group for IoT project.
From left to right: Me, Sheng Wei, Tessa and Fikri.

Well, this project is massive for us. Think about it, you could actually do it even though there's completely no concept of what IoT is.
But a simple way to describe IoT is connecting device through Internet or Bluetooth to control, transfer and receive data from two different devices.
That's what you done before like hiring a Grab or Uber taxi, but our project is far more easier than that.

Our project is quite similar to TAGla, but pretty sure that we made a simple prototype that looks alike with it.
Yet, we improved it a little bit by adding lights and effect on the sound.
Finally, we made it in just one single week lol!
Most importantly is the set up and programming, as there're lots of apps preset for programming for us to complete the project, of course plagiarism is not allowed so we changed a little bit on the programming and citation added as well.


This is my assignment group for world problem case study.
From left to right: Me, Hariz, Fahmey, Fatimah, Farah and Zhong Ying.

Now this group was arranged randomly by our lecturer for the subject called "Graduates Success Attributes".
This is a subject which kind of like teaching you soft skills and their application.
Somehow there is no examination for this course but assignment carried a very high weight on our marks, up to 80%!
So, there's no doubt this assignment should have a group with good cooperation and teamwork.

I was very lucky to have these friends in my group as they can do work well and pass up the reports to me by the date I set.
Most of them are hardworking and we managed to pass up the report first among four other groups.
I'm sure that we may not be the best group but at least, we done quite pretty well.
And hope the marks could carry us to get a satisfying CGPA.

So, about the class activity, it is more from this subject too, as there are lots of group activities, and so I conclude that this course is quite a relaxation course for us, abide from the assignment given.
Below are the pictures taken from my lecturer during several group activities:





So, guess what? I can't complain anything right from now, it just feel like some subjects need not be that stressful and dull at all right?
But it's depend on one's impression on those subjects. Something that you are interested doesn't mean the same to others.

Till the last class of this course, it is the day of presentations by all of us, and it wraps everything fun for the first semester.







Wanna see more?
Yupe of cuz' there are!
Introducing the class SKEL-7 Semester 1 2017/2018!




Phew! Finally, it all ended, at 21st December.
Until the day I'm going back home on 15/01/2018, then that comes to a closure to my first semester in UTM.
Had been walked through 12.5% of life in UTM, I'm wonder how would it be in the next semester, and get along to the 25% of life in UTM?

Alright, it's a very very long post, so I'm going to stop right here.
And stay tune for my next post, where I will talk about my trip to the second foreign countries, Singapore!


No comments:

Post a Comment