Monday, March 27, 2017

Another Late Night Thoughts

#507
27th March
(Source: Valencia train station by rabataller, www.flickr.com)

Every time when coming up for a post to update, I had always been thinking a lot.
Thinking this, thinking that, hope could pass my message here as a expressing point.
Being through an unknown illegible and complex thinking messed up my mind, that what should I say?
Well, in fact, I wrote down everything once it comes to my mind.

After applying for the local universities through the UPU system, I back to the same question after finishing the last term of STPM: Applying overseas universities?
It's been a doubtful quest on self-capability to hold on a large step, there are many aspects to be analysed before going on.
As so, I read through a book on how to make confident decisions, and it did really effective, yet there are way too much aspects to consider about: The preparations, dealing random lifelong issues during the studies, constructions of higher level thinking skills, risk analysis, consequences interpretations, money sources, stakeholders and so on.
Numerous or even uncountable ways to figure out on how to choose the right path.

Instead, you might ask: Your results are pretty well done, and for sure you will get the scholarships, no problem to study overseas.
Yes, indeed, my results could make me for the 100% tuition fee waiver, and if my decision took right, I might actually just go for it.
But hold on, rushing isn't my style. Attracted by several rankings, offers, achievements and status, it made me more confusing. Some of them had clear reports on the teaching qualities, internship opportunities and international partnerships for students who wished to study abroad.
All of these, had thrown me into a vortex of selections, but only one is the destination.

Speaking about these, I planned to apply Singapore NTU and Hong Kong's HKUST and City-U, and of course local universities as well.
The thing is, my parents don't agree to my plan to study overseas, and they got a point: 
With my results and if my interview is passed, I can get scholarships to study there for the first year, but your results must be consistently excellent (or above the acquired CGPA rate) so that the school could continue offering the scholarships as financial assistance for the second, third and fourth year. Otherwise, you have to pay by myself. That means, they don't want me to study in pressure just to maintain that scholarships, that eventually will make my university life a very tragic moment.

You might say again: Well you could do it though, you had fought the hardships during Form 6, you sure can make it as confident as before.
Honestly, that is what I'm worrying about. In fact, you don't know what are the contingencies that might fall on you suddenly, and there you goes, the nightmare.
I had been questioning myself for a long time that luck had been by my side, all the time, especially peak moment of every important examinations.
Strange ya? But for me, it's quite a miracle. There should be ups and downs, but this happens constantly every peak moment?
I knew I did strive for the best, and I'm always ready for the worst, but the preparation seemed to be unnecessary.
And so, I followed several advice, and I made a decision that might be shocking, yet it had been decided, so there's no way to be doubtful anymore.
My decision read like this:"Go to local universities, and seizing for opportunities to study overseas".

Sounds like what I had done after finishing SPM.
This decision is super strong and had actually "violated" the initial plan, but I mentioned that keywords "seizing the opportunities", means I did not give up the hope to study overseas, at least two months I would be thankful enough.
Luckily as I scrolled through several websites, following teachers' advice, things came to be quite tricky as well when selecting the courses.
That experience, I would talk next time.
Great, what a long post, goodbye ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment